Today is my day for last minute non-food shopping. Hot tip: start early.
- Purchase alcohol from a discount alcohol chain and stash out of sight
- Last minute gift shopping – if you are cooking Xmas lunch, the last thing you need to be thinking about in the days leading up to Xmas is buying gifts for Aunty Joan, or the kinder teacher. Make a list of any outstanding gifts you need and knock it over today.
- Last minute miscellany – this is the time to pick up any non grocery or food items such as lights, candles, decorations, Christmas crackers, etc. From Monday it should be all about food.
- Visit specialty food stores for any hard to find ingredients you need.
- Buy a large plastic tub if you don’t have a spare one. It will come in handy on Xmas day to stash dirty dishes in until there’s time to deal with them, saving valuable bench space.
And look – my Tarragon Vinegar is ready! Can’t wait for eggs, asparagus and hollandaise sauce