- Post last minute gifts/cards today and don’t give it another thought.
- No-one wants to arrive at Xmas Day looking like they’ve been pulled through a hedge backwards, which is often how the cook ends up looking. Today or tomorrow, have that haircut, wax or pedicure you’ve been putting off.
- Make a note of any altered rubbish collection days – I once missed the day early collection and ended up with a week old bin full of seafood waste in the hot summer… which I won’t go into any further.
- Plan for some easy meals during the week – if you live on takeaway this week because you’re too busy and stressed to eat a homecooked meal, you’re going to feel pretty ordinary by the time Xmas Day comes. Tonight, make a few big pots of something simple and nourishing that can be frozen in meal size batches, like my lentil soup, or pasta e fagioli: https://theabbotsfordkitchen.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/lentil-and-vegetable-soup/ https://theabbotsfordkitchen.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/pasta-e-fagioli/
- If you can afford it and haven’t yet, its not too late to make a donation to a charity that helps disadvantaged families at Christmas. Try your local council if you don’t want to donate to the big organisations.
Tonight’s a good night for a rest from Christmas preparations. I’m going to put my feet up and have a Pimms in the backyard, or a perhaps a cup of tea on the couch if the weather doesn’t improve.