It’s been a long summer and a warm autumn in Melbourne and zucchinis are in abundance right now. This is a really lovely weekend breakfast that takes very little effort for maximum reward.
- 1 medium sized zucchini, grated or processed in food processor
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt (please, use full fat)
- 1 egg
- About 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- About 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
- olive oil for shallow frying
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
Heat the olive oil in a frypan until hot, drop in large spoonfuls of the batter and spread a little. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side. You might need to lower the temperature a little so the oil doesn’t burn. Drain on paper towels and serve with your favourite breakfast accompaniments.
Makes 6-8 fritters, depending on the size you make them. This will be enough for 3-4 people. I freeze any leftover fritters for an after school snack.